Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

What a rush!

I just finished playing another 1.00/45 tournament on PokerStars. At one point, once we'd made the final money list (top 7 pay), I was down to an M of less than 1. Blinds were 400/800 and ante was 50. I had less than 1200 left in my stack. I was about to go out. I had K6o. Table folded around to the cutoff. He raised to 2400. SB folds. All I have left is T366, so I push. Figure I was getting tired and I'd go to bed. He turns over KK. A 6 hits on the flop, and a 6 hits on the turn. A suckout kept me alive.

At that point it was still a 2-3 way battle for who would go out 7th. A couple of other big hands, and suddenly I'm in #2 with 18K chips. A few other big hands, and suddenly it's heads up. I have 61K and my opponent has 6k. I managed to chip them up to 20K before putting them out. First place, baby!

One thing did bug me though. Several times I told my heads-up opponent NH and wished them GL when we'd get all in together. Never got a response. I don't know why some people need to be that way.

Anyway, good night at the tables and a good bump to the bankroll.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?