Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Poker, poker, poker, poker, poker, poker, poker......

It's been a slow last couple of weeks on the poker scene. I've played a couple of tournaments on Stars here and there, but for the most part I've been enjoying other parts of my life that have been neglected lately. Like reading (though some of it has been poker reading), and photography (though just beginning so I suck), and spending some time outdoors since some cooler weather has arrived.

As far as the tournaments go, I've been fairly pleased with my results. I've been applying some of the techiques I've been reading about in the books I've been reading (Harrington Vol. 1 and doubleas' book), and it's been working out well. I haven't moneyed in every tournament, but I've finished fairly high when I didn't money. I could probably play in a little higher buy-in tournaments, but I'm really enjoying playing in ones that are low enough buy-in that I can practice the stuff I've learned without freaking out about losing the buy-in.

I think my playing may increase some, so my writing should increase some. Don't give up. Stick around. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

I have "you make the call" type post coming because I really want input from my readers. First I need to figure out which tournament the hand hit in, and get the hand history so I can track down the actual hand and post it here. Look for it in the next day or two.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?