Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Updates, catching up, and blah blah blah

Not a ton of pokering the last couple of weeks. I've played a few tournaments here and there, but the old regular, non-virtual-felt life has intruded a bit. Sorry for not posting for two weeks. And thanks to Bloody P for calling me on it - I really do appreciate the wakeup call. I've still been following everyone else's adventures via Bloglines, but I've just failed to update here.

I've gotten pretty consistent with the micro-buyin single table tourneys (ROI > 50% per PokerTracker), so I've decided to branch out a little into the small multi-table SnGs. I think I'll start with the 1.00 + .20 / 45 person ones at Stars. I played them some back in the day, and did ok with them. And I've gotten my bankroll to a comfortable enough level that I can finish out of the money in several of those before I start feeling pressure to money. Actually I could finish out of the money in several dozen before feeling real pressure, but it just bugs me to see my bankroll slip by more than 10-15 percent without some kind of recovery when I'm playing tournaments.

I dabbled in a little NL cash game play here and there, too, mostly at the .05/.10 tables. I think overall I've been break-even. One night, after almost doubling my buy-in, I stupidly tried to push someone off of a pot by overbetting and lost. This person had been calling down with bad cards, etc. for quite some time so I guess I thought it was time for me to make a nice profit. Well, it didn't quite work out that way and I was felted. Oh, well...back to the tourneys.

The thing that really confuses me about this is that when I started playing poker online, I did MUCH better at the cash games. And for the time invested, the cash games are much more profitable. But it seems that I've recently completely flip-flopped. The cash games are sucking me dry, but the tournaments are treating me right. What is that all about?

Until later, good luck at the tables. And I'll update more. Promise. :-)

Comments:
Good luck out there! Glad you back amongst the living.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?