Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

Slow and steady wins the race, right?

I'm continuing my slow and steady trek up the mountain of progress.

Wow, did I actually write that? Well, to punish myself I'll leave it and let the world mock me.

I've been plugging away at my quest to improve what I do best (besides complain, that is) - tournament play. I've been hitting the 1.00 + .20 /45 person tourneys at Stars. I've finished first once (14.00 payout), and 7th once (2.00 payout), and out of the money about 5-6 times. Since I've been using PokerTracker, it shows my ROI on the 1.00 /5 table tourneys at > 100%. So those seem to be working ok for me, too. Once I can place in the money consistently in those, I'll take a shot at the 4.00 / 180 tourneys.

Now on to the cash game. I don't want to get away from it completely, so I've been playing a little here and there. Last night I played the .10/.25 no limit table. Well, actually, on two of them at one time. Overall a nice profit. I turned $5.00 into $20+ on each table in a little less than an hour. I still can't believe that people will call a post-flop pot-sized bet (3.00 - 5.00) with second pair, low kicker when paint is on the board. Oh well, keep doing it. Once in a while you'll suck out on me, but most of the time you're money will be mine.

I've also set a new rule for bankroll management. For cash games, I'll never buy in for more than 5% of my bankroll, with a stop-loss limit of 3 buy-ins. For tournaments: If I take a shot at something like the 4.00 / 180 and don't finish in the money and still want to play, I'll move down to the 1.00/45 or something. That way I get to keep playing, keep practicing, and hopefully keep building my bankroll.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?