Friday, April 14, 2006

 

So far, a great run at Titan

I didn't get set up in time for the PokerSavvy tourney on Tuesday, but I decided to go ahead and try Titan for a bit anyway. I made a $50 deposit, and got $50 in bonus money to work off. Every 400 points earned gets me $5.00 of my bonus money released.

So far it's been a pretty good run. I've turned my original $50.00 deposit into approx. $235.00 as I write this, including the $15.00 in bonus money I've earned. I'm still playing, and my peak was 269, so no telling where it will end up. I'll update this post when I'm done.

The first evening I played the .25/.50 table, but since then I've been playing the .50/1.00 tables. I'm playing pretty tight, and mostly just mining the points. So you'd think that when I've sat at a table for 3 hrs, seeing the flop around 10-15% of the time, and reraise you on the flop or turn, people wouldn't continue to bet then call my reraise all the way down with middle pair. But hey - who am I to argue if they want to give me their money.

I've also played one Maui tourney, and came in 3rd. So far 100% in the money. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead? :-)

At first I didn't like the titan interface much, but I'm gradually getting used to it. The table interface is ok, but I really don't like the hand history interface. Maybe it just takes more adjusting. I don't like that it doesn't report the total pot anywhere, and the rake.

I'm going to keep playing Titan until I have the 4k points needed to clear my bonus, then I'll rethink it.

Oh yeah - and if any of you that have an account on Titan haven't heard, they're awarding everyone points at the Titanium VIP level until midnight Sunday, regardless of your current VIP level. So hit the tables.

Update: I ended the evening at approx. $225.00.

Update 2: /span>Cheapsk8 asked in the comments if it was Limit, NL, or Pot Limit. It was no limit. And everyone probably knows this already, but the weekday evenings seem to be much softer than other times.

Comments:
Are you playing Limit, NL, or PL? I need to figure out the easiest place to get my Titan bank roll up there at about your level. The Maui's have been very soft in my opinion. Pretty easy money.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?