Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Same stuff, different day

Misc. ring game play over the weekend. Bankroll took a minor hit on Fri and Sat, but had a minor recovery today. .10 PL HE at FCP. People betting and raising to showdown with middle to bottom pair. I just don't understand that.

FCP Bankroll: 43.xx

Update:
I decided to hit the ring game a bit more after posting the above. A couple of minor wins, but 1 major profit hand. Bought into the .10 PL HE for $10.00, cashed out 30 mins later for $17.50 (down from a peak of 19.70).

The major profit in my ring games seems to come from a few big hands. Is this normal? Should I be winning more hands for less money, or making the majority of my money with a few big wins?

FCP Bankroll: 50.54

Comments:
I think winning the big pots with few hands is more normal.

Ideally you should only be playing premium hands anyway, you just need to hope for a flop that hits you and doesnt scare the fish too much so that you see lots of action.
Thirsty
 
Thanks for the comments Thirsty.

I kind of felt that way, too - just didn't want to think that what I think is my game improving is really just me getting lucky on a few big hands.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?