Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Played another Sit and Go

I played in a pretty interesting tournament last night. The Dallas Mavericks partnered with PokerStars to do a special tournament for people in the D/FW area. They had a tournament with a 3.00 entry fee and no rake. The top 10 winners got to pick their prize from a list, starting with first place getting first choice. The prize packages were things like traveling with the Mavericks for a 4 game run, getting a suite at the arena for you and 17 friends catered, playing golf with one of the Mavericks, autographed stuff, etc.

Around 525 players entered. Unfortunately I went out at 435. Pushed all in with a good hand, the best pre-flop, and got sucked out on the river. Oh well - with a field that big I was going to have to take a shot at doubling up at some point, and I feel good about my play.

I also played in another sit and go last night. 5.00+.50, 9 players at PokerStars. I did pretty well, other than going out on the bubble. But for the majority of the time I was in second place. Towards the end, I just couldn't get decent cards and got blinded out finally. I did some bluffing with my bad cards and managed to steal the blinds some (so I'm getting better at that), but it wasn't enough.

I'm going to keep plugging away, though.

I also played a little .05/.10 at FCP to try to eek back up my bankroll. I made a couple bucks before the Mavs tournament at PokerStars started.

PokerStars bankroll: 25.xx
FCP Bankroll: 22.xx

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?