Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

Back at PokerStars

Last night I ended up at PokerStars. I decided at the last minute to play in the Donkeys Always Draw Invitational II - Heads Up NL HE tournament. Entry fee was 10+1. But wait - I have no bankroll at PokerStars. No problem, since they now pay your fee for you to do an InstaCash withdrawal through Neteller. I was good to go. Transferred in a few bucks and entered the tourney.

I had a fairly good first round, until near the end. I went out in the first round, but I don't think I played poorly. There is only so much you can do with the cards you are dealt.

I continued to railbird the tables of Al Can't Hang, DoubleAs, Wes (a.k.a. boobie lover), and Wil Wheaton through the end of the tourney. Wil made it to the end and chopped the pot with the other winner. There were 62 entries total, and the top 8 places paid.

As I was railbirding, I was playing some .05/.10 NL HE ring game. One particular hand I had T7 and was in the BB, so I got to check and see the flop. Flop was T99. I check (figuring someone else for bigger pocket pairs or suited paint), and as it comes back around to me the person on my right makes a small bet. With 2 pair, I decide to call. Everyone else folds. Turn is no help, he makes another small bet (under .50 because I'd folded for that) and I call. River comes with a Q. This time he bets .50, and I figure he is trying to push me off, so I call. For me, the pot was big enough to justify it. He paid a pair of Q on the river - until then I had him beat. I make a comment of "nh - nice river", just being jovial and just commenting on the way poker seems to work some times. He just totally ripped into me - told me how bad I played, how I should have raised and he would have folded, can't believe I'm commenting, blah blah blah.

I wasn't being rude to him - I was just commenting on the turnabout nature of poker. Why does he have to be like that? It's a freaking .05/.10 table for Pete's sake! That kind of stuff is completely out of line.

Ok, thanks for letting me vent. Time to go get a haircut.

I'm planning a post comparing FCP to Stars now that I've spent considerable time at FCP. Look for it in a few days.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?