Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

The Song Remains The Same

Last night started off good, finished bad.

Did my usual ring game buy-in of $10.00. About 1/2 hour in, after winning a couple of big pots, I was at 23.00. Did I stop? Nope. Should I have? Yes. But it was WAY too early.

I made the mistake of continuing the ring game and starting a MTT. I shouldn't do both of those at the same time. Too much of my game is based on reads and "feels" I get on how the other players at the table play, and when my attention is divided, I can't do that. I did make it fairly deep into the tourney (at least for me), but not into the money.

I entered a .10 turbo later on that evening, and finished in the mid 200's out of 2100+. Cashed out for 0.24. W00T! :) Also got my first TLB points ever! All the tourneys I had been playing didn't qualify for TLB points.

I ended up dropping all my winnings AND my $10.00 buy-in, but it was due to a 3-outer suckout on the river. Had the guy beat all the way down. He tried to push me off by putting me all-in before the river. I called. That's when he caught his A to beat me with 2 pairs [AA 33] vs. my 2 pair [KK 33] that I made on the flop. Oh well, that's poker.

Heading back in to try to get it back. Bankroll down to 27.00 at Stars and 50.00 in my Neteller account.

I am having to fight off the temptation to transfer more of my own money in and go up a level. But I really want to move forward with OPM (Other People's Money). If I keep playing with OPM, the lovely and patient wife is much more "understanding" of my play.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?