Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

My progress

I have decided to stop posting beginning bankroll, buy-in, ending bankroll stuff. Not because I care about keeping it private, but because it's a lot of work to do it all - log in here before playing, update here when changing tables, etc. and update here when done. When I have time to play, I'd rather just play than be distracted by updating here.

A general update since my last post - I pretty much busted out what I had left after my withdrawal. I think I developed the attitude that if I sat at the table I owned the table, and I found out rather brutally that wasn't the case. Since then I redeposited what I transferred out, and managed to build that back up to over $100.00, and transferred out $50.00 again.

After restarting my bankroll with that $50.00 I transferred out, I played some limit for awhile. I tightened up my game a little, learned to fold marginal hands instead of trying to make a hand out of them, and overall improved things. I then went back to .10/.25 no limit, and made a nice profit. After transferring out the $50.00, I still had (yes, past tense) around $75.00 in my account. This is all in the past 7 days or so.

Then last night I drained my bankroll a bit. I have found another hole in my game - a way I go on a little bit of a tilt, and it hit me for over $20.00 last night. I was playing .10/.25 no limit, and there was a player at my table that raised to $1.00 pre-flop on almost every hand. It was very frustrating. I'd have things like KQ , KJ, QJ, etc. and limp in trying to see the flop. This player would raise to $1.00. I'd fold (as would the rest of the table). I guess he was just enjoying collecting blinds. Once in a while someone would call, so he'd raise to 1.25 or 1.50 on the flop, and people would fold. Occassionally he'd lose a pot, but otherwise he was making a nice profit playing this way. I finally got fed up with it. I called down with AQ suited. The board had paired jacks and paired kings. I read him as trying to push out the others and take the pot - so after the river I went all-in for 19.xx. Well, no need to say, this was the wrong hand to fight him on. He insta-called and had a pocket king. So much for me. I left the table, went off to another, and tried to make a little bit back. Unfortunately I managed to give up about another 10.00. Not a good night. At least this time not only have I found a hole in my game, but I found it before my bankroll was in the basement. I might be able to recover from this without putting back in the 50.00 I transferred out. I'm really hoping to use that $50.00 to take my wife to dinner or something as a repayment for tolerating my poker playing. If she sees a little payback from it, then she'll be more comfortable with it.

I still haven't played live since my last report. I really need to get back there and play live again. That was a great day.

Well, back to PokerStars to try and get some of my bankroll back. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?