Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Ever feel guilty about winning a pot?

Last night, playing .10/.25 NLHE at Full Contact Poker, I won a $17.80 pot. Woo-hoo! right? Yes, normally that would be correct. But on this one, I actually feel guilty.

I was the BB. Cards come out, I have T2o. Fine, I'm gonna fold. I am reading the chat in the main window - Daniel N. had just logged in to chat a minute - and the action comes around to me. Someone around the table had raised it 1.00 to 1.25. I was moving the pointer over to the Fold button, and clicked just a hair too soon, clicking on the Call button. OH CRAP! I just called a pot sized bet with T2o. Oh well, it's just a dollar. No big deal.

Flop comes KTT. Well, now I have a set of 10s. I check. Next guy bets 4.00 (all in). Based on my play with him at the table so far, I figured him for Kx, making a pair on the flop. He had been betting big on the flop with a high pair, trying to push people out. Next person raises it to 5.25 (also all-in). With the pot that size, I went ahead and called 5.25 with my set of 10s.

Turn is a rag, no help.

River is a 2.

Since there was no more betting (everyone else was all-in), the last 2 cards came fast. Cards get turned over. 4.00 guy had Kx. Just like I thought. 5.25 guy had ATo - set of T, A high. I turn over T2o. Full house, T full of 2. Rake in the pot of 17.80. Profit of 11.35.

ATo guy was pissed. Types in chat "Where did you learn to play poker?" and leaves the table. I reply with "I meant to fold, and clicked call by mistake on my way to the button. " Kx guy was ok with it - "Worked out well for you."

That is a hand I don't think I'd ever play. Played it by accident and it worked out well for me. And looking back over the hand history, I shouldn't have called the $5.25 bet. I think I was just so light headed from getting the set after accidentally staying in, I had set my mind to ride it out. If not for that 2 on the river, I'd lost that hand to the ATo guy and would have been feeling even worse about riding out the hand I got into accidentally. I liked the instant bump to the bankroll, but still didn't feel good about the hand. I shouldn't even have been in that hand.

Am I making too much of this?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?