Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Definition of scared money

I had a bit of a bad run this last weekend. Variance bit be in the behind. Friday night, playing at the .25/.50 NLHE table, I lost 52.xx on one hand alone. I thought my pocket KK overpair had the other guy beat. He had pocket 77 with a 7 on the board. Oh well. Saturday was a little more of the same, but at lower limit tables so it was less painful.

So tonight I get back on the horse with some .15/.25 NLHE. First hand at the table I get JJ in MP. Guy just before me raises it to 2.00. After thinking a bit, I called. One other player called. Flop comes 2s Jd 7s. Player before me bets 2.00. I call, third guy folds. Turn comes Qs. He checks. I bet 3.00 into him. He folds. I rake pot of 12.65, net $5.65.

At this point I actually think about quitting for the evening before I lose my profits. Geez.

Later, I get Kx. Flop comes AKx. Player before me bets 1.00. I fold. GEEZ!

Still in for now...we'll see how it goes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?