Saturday, September 10, 2005

 

Welcome!

Welcome to my Poker Blog. Today I officially join the swelling ranks of the poker players that blog. I've been reading the poker blogs for quite some time and enjoying them very much. Then the other day I decided I should start tracking my bankroll and interesting hands. I started working on a spreadsheet, but then it hit me - start YAPB (Yet Another Poker Blog). So here it is.

My goal is to at least blog starting/ending bankroll for each session and any interesting plays or observations. I'll keep the hand histories to a minimum since those don't seem to be very popular out there. But there will be some. If you don't care for hand histories, skip over them when they occur.

My history: I am not a rookie to Texas Hold'em, but I'm no great player. I started at Poker Stars quite a while back at the 0.01/0.02 tables playing ring games and the occasional tournament. I made my minimum deposit which was $50.00 at the time. Played quite a bit and was up near $100.00. Then I had a few bad sessions, learned what TILT was, and lost it all. I took quite a bit of time off. I watched lots of Hold'Em on TV, read a lot online and a couple of books, and now I'm back. I played the 0.01/0.02 tables for quite a while, occasionally trying the 0.05/0.10 tables until I was comfortable playing there. Now I play regularly at the 0.05/0.10 tables, with the occasional attempt at the 0.10/0.25 tables. I'm still not completely comfortable there, but it is feeling better every time.

Anyway, welcome, and please come back.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?