Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Sunday, Sept. 11, 2005

Starting bankroll: 25.80
Ending bankroll: 24.60
Played: 1.00 + 0.20 Sit and Go


Watching some NFL football and decided to play a 1.00 + 0.20 Sit and Go at Pokerstars. I typically finish in the money in these Sit and Go tourneys if I can keep my tight game going until down to the final table. Just outlast people.

Well, that was short. Almost out at 6 minutes, when I called an all-in after misreading my heads-up opponent. Thought he was trying to bluff me out of a pot that should be mine. Down to 40.00. Gradually crawled back up to 540 by going all in on a couple of moderate hands and scaring everyone out. Last all in move would have gotten me over 1000 if it had gone my way. Had A2o. Flop was 88x. Went all in. After much pondering, one opponent called with Qx. Turn was a Q. River x. Made it 15 minutes.

Let's try another tourney.
Session 2:
Starting bankroll: 24.60
Ending bankroll: 23.40
Played: 1.00 + 0.20 Sit and Go

I'll try to blog big stuff as I go along, but between football and the poker table there might not be much updated.

6 mins in. Down to 950 or so. Got scared out of a decent sized pot because of my last game. Next hand had KJo. Limped in. Someone else raised 100. Ok, still in - 3 in total. Flop shows J5K. Great - two pair. Raiser folds. Third player bets (forgot how much). I go all-in. He calls. Cards turn over - he has K9o. Ok..whatever...calling an all-in with top pair. Great. I win it, go to 2050.

Well, that didn't last too long. Longer than last time, but not long enough. Finished in 31st place. A few good pots there. Should have almost doubled at the end, but the opponent rivered his flush. I had JJ. Flop was KKx. Went all in. Was called. Caller had 2 hearts. There were 2 hearts on the flop. River was a heart. Oh well, I felt like that was a good wager. I'm happy with my play - maybe that's why I'm not angry I'm out now.

Enough for today. Not enough time to finish another if I should make it to the end. At least today wasn't too expensive.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?