Saturday, September 10, 2005

 

Saturday, Sept. 10

Session 1:
Starting bankroll: 22.70
Ending bankroll: 25.80
Played: 0.05/0.10 ring game
Game Buy-in: 10.00
Left game with: 13.10

Session History:
Had some time to kill waiting on my wife to finish getting ready for work, so I decided to play a little poker. It started off with most hands as a limp-in check-fest. Meaning 4 out of 6 would limp in pre-flop, and the check around through the river. So, I started betting on the flop or the turn. Small bets, like 0.20 or 0.30. Just stealing blinds, watching my total climb. Occasionally there'd be a hand when I got challenged, and since I would only stay in for the flop with moderate to good hands (other than small blind or big blind), I would usually win those pots too. It was getting kinda boring, but the bankroll was growing.

After about 30 mins. of that a couple of players left and a couple more showed up. The new players were all about betting, and not always with very good hands. After folding a couple of decent hands, since I was up a little I decided to invest a small amount to get some reads on these guys. I'm glad I did. That is how I found out they were betting some marginal hands like pocket rockets. Made a little off of them, too. After about 40 mins. they decided they'd had enough of that and moved on. I played a few more hands, played a little loose and gave back some money (which was fine with me), and left for the day up. Good way to balance out last Thursday night, BB. (Before Blog).

Things to correct: Quitting while ahead. At one point in this session I was at 16.00. That is a 60% return on my buy-in. I should have left the table then. Instead, I figured I'd play a bit more since I was doing well. More aggressive players showed up when the ATMs left, and I ended up dropping to 13.10 before I left.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?